It is not unusual to see soft pale colorations in fashion as we enter the Pre-Easter time. However, in seasons past that has been for a short window of time as Texas women have proven over the years that they love color and they love it the bolder the better. So, as I watched the runways unfold for Spring 2013, I watched as many of the biggest designers showed pales……from the softest nudes, blushes and soft pinks to icy blues, mint green, lilac, butter yellow and more, and sat thinking, how would Houston women react to these colors???
It’s been an issue that I bring with me from my former retail life as Fashion Director….we always loved the pastels in showrooms, but at the end of the day our customers always went for brighter color. So, I’ve done a few independent surveys……I asked a group of savvy Fashion Group ladies at a Fall gathering their preference, and bright hues won the show of hands by a landslide. I’ve been watching at Fashion events and I am seeing some pastel wearers, but brights win again. It also doesn’t help that this is a major black & white color tend season and I can assure you that our H-town gals love black & white and if you want a color to pop off of that, pastels is not usually your first choice. A pop of bold color usually wins that one!
For me, the Pales look so new, fresh and sophisticated. However, admittedly my only purchase has been a pale yellow cardigan, but we all know that my idea of wearing color in Spring is usually my non-black alternative…..White, so I am not the best barometer.
I am very curious as to reader-reaction to this color intensity, and am asking that you please comment on this blog and let me know your point of view? I must say I am smitten by it (actually I am somewhat obsessing over it), are you?!
The following are some examples we’ve selected, by color family……
1. Salvatore Ferragamo Vara-Bow Low-Heel Pump, Blue Pastel 2. Alice + Olivia Box-Pleat Leather Skirt 3. J. Crew Printed silk and cotton-blend dress 4. Paul & Joe Vahine crepe and lace jumpsuit 5. Women’s Theory Ford Tailored Leather Jacket
1. Women’s Equipment Brett Super Vintage Wash Top, Peach Nectar 2. Diane von Furstenberg Zia II Crisscross Sandal, Peach Nectar 3. Ippolita Peach Moonstone Drop Earrings 4. Alice + Olivia Mary Blouson Tank Dress 5. Elena pleated silk-chiffon and tweed bustier dress
1. Tory Burch Cecil Floral Riviera Hinge Bracelet 2. Preen Pale Pink Combo Carter Blazer 3. Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Blush, Pastel Pink 4. Marc Jacobs Preston Convertible Handbag, Pale Pink 5. Summer Lagoon Floral Necklace In Pink
1. Rebecca Minkoff Jayden Satchel Bag, Lilac 2. Antik Batik Lilac-Multi Lana Dress 3. BaubleBar Lilac Twist Ring Trio 4. Charlotte Olympia Dolly Platform Pump 5. Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Brite Lip Gloss, Pink Lilac
1. Kendra Scott Rosemary Seafoam Earrings 2. Equipment Super Vintage collarless washed-silk shirt 3. Halogen Retro 52mm Sunglasses Matte Aqua 4. Essie Nail Polish Greens Mint Candy Apple 5. Balmain Pale Mint Mid-Rise Slim Jeans