No, I’m not talking about Tootsies new store opening, coming up very soon. I’m just as anxious as everyone to march through those new doors. I know there will be plenty of new decades ahead for Tootsies! This new DECADE is a hot new jeans line named for the famous vintage re-sale boutique in L.A., and started by its founder, fashion rock star, Cameron Silver.
Just hitting the denim department at Tootsies, exclusively in Houston, and only in select stores around the country, is DECADES DENIM. This new haute collection has been developed by Decades owner, Cameron Silver and Angelique Soaver, and produced by L.A.’s Genetic Denim. It is already being predicted to be all the rage and on everyone’s must-have denim list.
In case you’re unfamiliar with Decades, Cameron Silver is the proprietor and founder of Decades, couture vintage boutique to the stars, in Hollywood. A place where fashion gals can shop the finest in vintage designs from the likes of Pucci, Gucci, Chanel and many others.
Many have asked Cameron Silver why design a denim collection? His responses have been from “encouraging the women in his store to pair their designer wares with denim for fun,” After all, “Everyone wears jeans,” says Silver. He also felt that since he spent most of his time with his high-end clientele, he wanted to develop a collection that was clean, simple and sophisticated, with limited branding that would become a wardrobe staple and priced to sell to all, ranging from $100-$130.
Tootsies has received (3) styles:
- The Angelique; clean black skinny jean; retailing for $110
- The Cheryl (name for Ms. Tieggs); high-rise straight for $100
- The Charlotte; a clean front, slant pocket, everybody jean for $130
(Look for the trouser to be a big denim fashion trend for Spring ’11)
- Have fun with the tops. These simple, fresh, mostly dark indigo to black look great teamed with tops that are a little funky, and may even have some embellishments to compliment the clean bottoms.
- Tootsies suggests a new L.A. tops collection, L’Agende, known for its touch of funkiness and detail.
- Sweaters (also always a great holiday gift idea) would also work, newest in shades of Nude and the newest Spring ‘11 fashion-forward color, Navy. Again look for chunky details to offset the jean’s simplicity.
- Wider legs in jeans are definitely on the return (previously forecast in our recent CJ Cookie Johnson article)
- Boot cut, Flare and Super Flare are THE LOOK for the fashion-forward and the regular gal. (Boot cut and flare flatters all women, in all sizes)
- Newness in denim is all of the non-denim, and mainly in twill, and white, white, white is the #1 non-color of the season
STAY TUNED HERE AT THE CHICSHET FOR MORE SPRING ’11 NEWS AS IT HAPPENS!!