Category Archives: Community

Everyday is a New Day As We All Experience Life As We’ve Never Known It!

Staying current on plan changes as they are happening

City Updates

UPDATES……as of 3/20/20 As of today and every day we are all here trying to keep updated on how this once-busy event city of ours is winding down to prepare for this time like we’ve never known. Things are so indefinite right now that unfortunately many things are just cancelled but some are in the […]

Read More

We Must Lend a Helping Hand To Our City’s Beloved Seniors….

Interfaith Ministries MEALS ON WHEELS provides much needed nutrition for the homebound elderly

Seniors

As the news and reactions to the news have been excalating so rapidly in the last couple of days, one thing that has been paramount on my mind as myself or members of my family have struggled with the crowds to search for much needed food and/or supplies, has been concern for the homebound elderly […]

Read More

Houston’s Nutcracker Market is Fast Approaching…..Take A Chance at Winning Some Free Tic...

Tenenbaum Jewelers, official jewelry sponsor of the Nutcracker Market has an offering for you

Nutcracker Giveaway

For many of us here in H-town, Tenenbaum Jewelers is the local jewelry headquarters for not just beautiful sparkles but also for many charitable things it does for our community. Not least of which is support the Houston Ballet and for only two days they will be offering a giveaway of Nutcracker Market tickets and […]

Read More

A Charity Celebrates 25 years and Honors Tootsies Owners as Longtime Supporters

Faith in Practice honors Donna and Norman Lewis

Tootsies, not only known to many of us as the chic place to shop for our finest and most stylish wardrobe essentials has also developed quite a reputation for all of its many charitable events that it sponsors throughout the year. It has always been respected as an establishment that not only dresses the community […]

Read More

Jewish Community Center’s Book & Art Festival Bringing Celebrities Plus Much More to Our...

Isaac Mizrahi and Gloria Steinem are two of the top tickets to the fair......plus you can purchase special T-shirt to support charity

jcc book fair

Opening Night: Isaac Mizrahi The “Project Runway All Stars” judge will take the stage on Saturday, November 2 at 8:00 PM to discuss his captivating memoir about growing up gay in a Syrian Jewish Orthodox family and the freedom he found through fashion. Mizrahi’s book, I.M.: A Memoir, chronicles his childhood in 1960s Brooklyn, where he […]

Read More