Accessories are my passion and it’s this love for all of these many fashion categories that excites me about each new season. However, putting this all into one blog posting can be challenging and somewhat overwhelming, so for today I will show you many of my favorite picks from most of the accessories that will make styling your outfits for spring/summer such a delight. However, I must leave shoes to be their own posting as there is so much exciting fashion happening in footwear that they deserve their own story.
Why Do I Love Accessories ? Mainly because there is no quicker, easier and I must add, budget-friendly way to make your current closet essentials look trend-right for the season, than through the addition of well-chosen accessories. For example, if there is a color for the season like this Spring’s Orange and Yellow or Shades of Blue and you’re unsure that you want to wear it in your apparel…..a pop of it through accessorizing will make you feel very NOW and in-trend. White is always a fresh approach to the coming months and this year pop it off black and you are wearing the most popular color story of the year! I could go on and on but the message is a little pop of accessories can go a long way to add style to your wardrobe and a lot can do even more……when in doubt, Accessorize!
The good news is that there are so many great places in this town that specialize in doing accessories well……a bientot, More Than You Can Imagine, Willow, Tootsies, Cotton Club, Neiman Marcus, J.Crew (both in store and online) and many, many more.
Here are some of my fave picks……..
Jewelry: Anything and everything is on trend. Color dominates; earrings are present in chandeliers or the newness of studs again; statement necklaces continue, mostly in stones and layered for fun in color or metal; bracelets are all about stacking them on or retreating to just one favorite cuff; statement rings are all about what’s new…..
1. Statement Necklace in Bold Color, J. Crew 2. Statement Rings, Alexis Bittar Ophelia Vine 3. Chandelier Earrings in Bold Color, Kendra Scott Adora 4. Stackable Bangles, Ippolita Stella Collection 5. Bold Ethnic-inspired Necklace, Tory Burch.
Sunglasses: A wardrobe of sunglasses should be on your must-have list for this time of year. Casual looks like aviators stay at the forefront and work on all face shapes. Color, Cat eyes, Round (all sizes) and Over-sized….pick a favorite and include in your collection. Dressed-up, embellished glasses for cocktail or early evening events are a fun add-on to your accessorizing list…..eyewear of any kind is fashion’s newest accessory!
1. Color, Dior Sunglasses 2. Cat Eye in Color, Prada Runway Sunglasses 3. Embellished, McDowall Gold and Black Sunglasses 4. Rounded Wayfarer with Leather-arm, The Row
Hats: Hats are becoming all the rage for every age and for many occasions…….wide brim for dress up or floppy for fun in the sun; fascinators reign for daytime or as a wonderful evening accessory; fedora’s stay around for the small rim and more casual fashion gal…..
1. Superduper Lady Boater Hat 2. Panama Hat, J.Crew 3. Fascinator, Kokin 4. Swinger Wide-Brim Hat, Erica Javits
Scarves: Scarves are a jewelry alternative to add some color, pattern and/or style to a classic look. Most popular for the season are the many wonderful prints (floral & leopard), patterns (stripes & dots), and I’m obsessed with these new subtle logo scarves/wraps that many of the designers are making….Tory Burch, Louis Vuitton to name a few, stunning and not in-your-face-logos…
1. Print, Henri Bendel Flower Power Chiffon Scarf 2. Black and White Dot Pattern, Mossimo 3. Pattern, Circle Strips Silk Multicolor Scarf , Emilio Pucci 4. Ombre Logo Scarf/Wrap, Tory Burch.
Handbags: Handbag newness this season is in Color, number one…it’s everyone’s easiest way to get color into their wardrobe; White and Black & White patterned or striped; Popular shapes are clutches, small and boxy; totes in all sizes with the side gusset treatment, e.g., Celine, Prada, Kors…..all look newest; lastly, the structured top-handle bag, best when flexible use of also shoulder or clutch…
Handbags and Clutches:
1. Straw tote in Black and White, Dolce and Gabbana 2. Color Block Tote w/gusset insets, Prada 3. Clear Clutch, Burberry 4. Black and White Striped Clutch, Marc Jacobs 5. Colored Structured Top Handle Bag, Emerson.