Houston’s biggest fashion collaboration is back and we could not be more excited! Tons of shows from a variety of designers, both local and beyond- all ready to be showcased at River Oaks District, October 4-6!
Fall is officially here, and Houston…Fashion X is here to do it in style! River Oaks District will be transformed Thursday, October 4th through Saturday the 6th for three nights of fabulous fashion shows. Strutting down the runway will be designs from emerging and established local talent, including season winners and All Stars from Project Runway, as well as fall’s hottest trends from the luxury brands residing in River Oaks District!
“We are thrilled to once again partner with Fashion X Houston in creating a one-of-a-kind event that not only showcases iconic styles from our prestigious brands, but also spotlights the talents of local fashion designers. Support from these three evenings will make a significant impact in the important work of our Houston nonprofits and we are honored to make that possible.”
-Jennifer Rivera, marketing manager of River Oaks District.
Proceeds from each night will be donated to the event’s VIP Style Setters’ local Houston nonprofits of choice (listed below). The fashionable festivities will continue as select retailers from River Oaks District feature fall trend presentations and in-store events. And if you are in the market for some finishing touches on an outfit, The Gallery, a curated space filled with pop-up shops, will offer the latest from local accessories designers.
“Our partnership with River Oaks District allows for an incredible opportunity to provide a highly-anticipated fashionable and charitable experience on a grand scale. With its array of first-class retailers and restaurants, we are excited to return to River Oaks District and bring glamour into the everyday lives of Houston men and women.”
-Matt Swinney, founder of the Fashion X brand.
Thursday, October 4th
On the Runway : River Oaks District retailers Akris, Alice + Olivia, Canali, Eres, Etro, Kiton, Roberto Cavalli and Stella McCartney
Style Setters: Founder of The Arts of Healing, Lori Raijman with The American Lung Association as her chosen charity and Vivian Wise, a style icon and philanthropist who chose to support Texas Legacy Foundation.
Friday, October 5th
On the Runway: Full collections by Chloe Dao, Miles David, Shusi, B. Freedom, Maryam Khizer, Silk Threads by Ruby Bhandari, Varun Bahl, Bridal Motif and MODChic with capsule collections by Amberleaf, Deanna Gayle, Dappled, Alexandria Lee, Ronica Marie Couture and Valerie Garmino.
Style Setter: Donae Charmosta, a wife, mother and philanthropist known in Houston as, “The Vintage Contessa”, benefiting Crime Stoppers of Houston.
Saturday, October 6th
On the Runway: Full collections by Mysterious by NPN, Abi Ferrin, Bentley &Lace, Modish & Swank, Erum Khan, Rana Noman, Travis Cal Styles and Nava with capsule collections by Amberleaf, Amyra, H&H Designs and Valerie Garmino.
Style Setter: Entrepreneur, philanthropist and ever-so-stylish, Alicia Smith, who has chosen to support St. Bernard Project, also known as SBP, will be co-hosting a pre-show event at Akris where 10% of purchases will benefit SBP
In-store events will be held the entire weekend from 5pm to 7pm with treats and fun including:
- Akris: Preview the Fall/Winter 2018 collection while sipping a complimentary Partida Tequila Paloma cocktail Thursday.
- Amorino Gelato: Enjoy complimentary kids-size treats of Amorino’s artisanal gelato Thursday and Friday.
- Baanou: Celebrate at the Social Graces Social Club for an evening of cocktails and fashion with complimentary frosé and light bites. Enjoy a sneak peek of Baanou’s fall fashion show with Social Graces Social Club.
- Bonobos: Enjoy a complimentary gift with purchase and light bites while you shop.
- Cos: Enjoy 10 percent off any purchase Thursday.
- Davidoff of Geneva: Enjoy complimentary embossing or engraving in-store with purchase as well as a complimentary Macallan tasting.
- Diptyque: Delight in a new collection, Bazaar of 34, and create your own sachet inspired by the new L’Elide candle. Enjoy a complimentary specialty cocktail from Partida Tequila.
- Equinox: Enjoy complimentary mini facials and 25 percent off any spa service, an exclusive to first-time visitors only.
- Giuseppe Zanotti: Sip complimentary cocktails and a gift with any purchase of $800 or more.
- Intermix: Enjoy complimentary rose and macarons and enter to win a $250 gift card while shopping the latest fall trends on Thursday.
- Jo Malone: Enjoy a specialty cocktail and complimentary Deluxe Gift set with purchase.
- John Hardy: Enjoy a complimentary gift with purchase and a cocktail while you shop.
- L’Occitane: Enjoy 20 percent off when you spend $100 or more, with complimentary mini-facials all day.
- Moncler: Discover the 2 Moncler 1952 collection, a classic reinterpreted with pop colors, while enjoying a complimentary cocktail.
- NARS: Enjoy complimentary braids from the pop-up braid bar and 15-minute mini-glam sessions while sipping on mimosas.
- Oliver Peoples: Enjoy a complimentary cocktail while you shop.
- Planet Blue: Enjoy a complimentary henna tattoo and specialty cocktail while you shop Planet Beauty’s latest Fall/Winter 2018 trends.
- Roller Rabbit: Enjoy a “Mommy and Me” boho-inspired jewelry making station with a specialty cocktail for Mommy and a fruit mocktail for the little one.
- Saint Bernard Sports: Enjoy local beers on tap, Champagne, wine and espresso while shopping.
- Theory: Shop every day during Fashion X Houston for a special offer on select items.
- Venetian Nail Salon: Enjoy any service over a $50 value and receive a complimentary $15 Venetian gift card Thursday and Friday.
- Vilebrequin: Enjoy cocktails compliments of Partida Tequila and a complimentary re-usable water bottle with any purchase of $350 or more.
- Vince: Enjoy complimentary Champagne and light bites.
In-store events are scheduled from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., runway show registration and VIP lounge opens at 6:30 p.m. and runway shows start at 8 p.m. Front-row seats are available now and may be purchased for $250. Individual tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis for $75 and standing room tickets for $35. To purchase tickets, please visit houston.fashionx.co.
Images courtesy of Fashion X Houston