Happy May! How can it already be May and almost the official start to summer? Crazy, if you ask me!
Julie here today and I love spring and summer. As much as I do look forward to winter, I always look even more forward to everything blooming again, less layers, longer days, more sun, and the freshness that comes with these seasons.
And when it comes to your summer wardrobe, I tend to think less is more! I’m not 100% sure if I’m on board with the whole “capsule wardrobe” idea, which seems to have taken the world by storm a couple years back, but I am into having staple pieces that you can turn to time and time again, especially as the days get warmer.
The beauty of classic, staple items is that you can mix and match them more ways than you can possibly imagine! The versatility of staple items vs. trendy items is incredible. So, keep on reading for some of the key staple pieces you need for your summer wardrobe.
1. Lightweight, relaxed jeans (denim, white, and colors)
2. Worn in, lightweight white button down shirt
3. A wrap to keep you warm in the a/c
4. A pair of mules
5. A pair of sandals that can take you from day to night
6. 2-3 great fitting t-shirts (think solid white, stripes, graphic)
7. A dress that you can wear from work to dinner, with mules or sandals
8. A straw bag for the beach and beyond
9. A great bathing suit
Read more about this season’s bathing suit trends here
10. Sunglasses to take you all throughout the season
Read more about this season’s sunglasses trends here
What are you most looking forward to when it comes to summer?